Open Make – Friday Nights
April 17 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
Open Make is an Open House where we are also making stuff – and you are welcome to join us and see what we are making. If you have a small project and want to show it off or work on it with hand tools, BRING IT!
If you are considering membership, an Open Make event is a great time to stop by, get a tour, meet some of our members, and ask questions.
Stop by when you like (you don’t have to make the 5:30pm start time!), however it is best to arrive between 5:30 and 7:30 if it is your first time at the space and you would like a tour.
If you want to know the latest in what’s happening at the space (and how late will we be there on a given Friday night), consider joining the discussion on our slack – you can get an invite here (http://www.makerfx.org/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation).
* We’d love to meet you and talk about your projects!
* We can often provide project advice, but we are all volunteer and our ability to advise depends on the expertise that is available on any given night
* We are often running demos or doing project work on our big tools (laser, CNC, etc.), however we do not provide services and are not able to take on your project work
* Open make guests are not permitted to work on our large tools (such as laser, CNC, woodworking tools)
* We are happy to explain how you could undertake the project as a MakerFX Member (http://www.makerfx.org/membership) with a paid membership and your own key